While the lockdown is still on, one thing we all crave is some delicious food. Ordering food may not be possible for all of us and making the food yourself can be fun. So here, I’ve curated a list that includes recipes that require only a few ingredients and are super easy to make!
1. Bread Pizza
Super simple, super tasty! All you need is bread, any vegetables that are in your house, and cheese if available. You can add some ketchup and butter as per your liking. Put some butter and ketchup on your bread, next put in your vegetables and any other topping of your choice, and finally top with cheese. Put this on a pan and wait until the cheese melts. Your very own bread pizza is ready in a few minutes!
Tip: You can cut off the edges, and make breadcrumbs that you can use in other recipes
2. Mug Cakes
If you’re craving something sweet, mug cakes are super simple to make and get done in about 15 minutes. I’m going to list down 2 ways to do so
Using All Purpose Flour (maida)
- In a large Mug mix 4 tbsp of Flour, 3tbsp Sugar, ½ tsp baking powder 3tbsp Milk, 1tbsp Oil and about 1tsp of Vanilla extract.
- Mix it well and put it in the microwave for about 1:30-2:00 minutes and keep a watch for when it’s ready.
Also, make sure you use a large Mug to avoid spilling.
Using Biscuits and milk
- Crush a biscuit of your choice(check it’s ingredients to make sure it has maida) till it turns to powder.
- Add in about 1/4th tsp of baking powder and 1/4th cup milk, and mix it well till it forms a batter. If you need more milk, make sure to add it in small quantities.
- Add a little sugar if you want it to be sweeter.
- Pop it in the microwave for about a minute and check on it. Make sure it is done well. Add a few seconds if you think it’s undone. And voila!
Your mug cake is ready.
3. Aloo Chaat
If you’re craving chaat, here’s a simple recipe.
- Cut boiled potatoes into cubes and saute in a pan.
- Take them off heat when they’re golden brown and add salt, chili powder, cumin (jeera) powder and chaat masala as per your liking.
- Add some green chutney, which you can make with coriander leaves, some ginger, garlic, and salt as per taste and water. You can also add tamarind chutney if available.
- Add lemon juice and some curd.
- Top it with sev and coriander.
There you go, your mouth-watering chaat is ready!
4. French Toast
Another simple recipe is French toast.
I’m going to list down both an egg and eggless recipe.
- You’ll need an egg, milk, sugar, and bread.
- In a bowl, beat together 1 egg, 2tbsp milk, 1tsp sugar, and a pinch of salt. You can add a pinch of cinnamon powder too.
- Coat the bread in the egg mixture on both sides and put it on a pan greased with butter.
- Toast it till both sides turn golden brown.
- You can top it with sugar, chocolate syrup, or any fruit syrup that you like.
- The eggless one can be made by using half a cup of milk and a tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1tsp sugar and cinnamon.
- Follow the rest of the recipe as stated above.
- The sugar can be adjusted as per your liking!
5. Fried Rice
This is a super simple meal that can be customized according to what is available in your house.
- Saute vegetables that you have in your house, with salt and pepper as per your liking.
- Add a tsp of soy sauce, a bit of chili sauce or any other sauce that you like.
- Finally, add some cooked rice and butter and mix well.
- You’re super quick and tasty fried rice is ready!
All the recipes listed above are super simple and require few ingredients. They can be customized as per what you have at home. The list includes breakfast, snacks, and lunch/dinner options and I’ve tried to include both savoury and sweet food. I hope you found it helpful, and be sure to try these!