Hyderabad, the city which is known for its Biryani across the world, has always been an attraction for tourists due to its unique culture and lifestyle. The city is a mixture of 400-year-old history and today’s modernity. You will find multiple best places to visit in Hyderabad.
The heritage of Nizams offers exquisite landscape views, astonishing historical monuments, mouth-watering cuisines, one of the largest film studios in the world, modern temples, museums, mosques, adventure parks, and many more places.
Here is the list of the best places to visit in Hyderabad:
The global icon of Hyderabad is surrounded by Mecca Masjid and Laad Bazaar. It was constructed in the year 1591 by Muhammad Quli Qutub Shah. It is located in the heart of Hyderabad’s old city and looks more beautiful during the night when it is illuminated. This is one of the best places to visit in Hyderabad.
- Timings: It is open for all the days of the week from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm.
- Entry Fee: Rs 5 per person for Indians and Rs 100 per person for Foreigners
- Location: Charminar Rd, Char Kaman, Ghansi Bazaar, Hyderabad
2. Laad Bazaar
Located adjacent to the Charminar, Laad Bazaar is one of the best places to visit in Hyderabad, one of the oldest and popular markets. It is famous for the pearls, lacquer bangles, soorma, colorful dupattas, and the shops that sell jewelry, clothes and other decorative items at cheap rates.
- Timings: 11 AM – 10.30 PM
- Location: Char Kaman, Ghansi Bazaar, Hyderabad
3. Golconda Fort
Golconda Fort is one of the best-preserved monuments of the city. Its architecture, history, and mystery make it Hyderabad’s gem. The top floor of the fort gives a scenic view of the city. In the evening, the visitors can also enjoy the light and sound show.
- Timings: The fort opens all days in a week from 9 am to 5.30 pm
- Location: Ibrahim Bagh, Hyderabad, Telangana
- Entry Fee: Rs 15 for Indians, Rs 200 for Foreigners and Rs 130 for light and sound show
4. Hussain Sagar Lake
It is one of the largest man-made lakes in Asia. The lake has a 16m high white granite statue of Lord Buddha, standing in its middle. Tourists can enjoy the beauty of the lake while participating in various watersports activities like boating, skiing, and parasailing. The lake is surrounded by Indira Park, Sanjeevaiah Park, and Lumbini Park.
- Timings: 8:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Location: Tank Bund Rd, Hyderabad
- Entry Fee: No entry fee. Charges for water sports.
5. Ramoji Film City
It is one of the largest film studios in the world and can accommodate around 50 film units at a time. It has various shooting locations including airport, London Street, Japanese gardens, hospital, buildings and many more which are sufficient to make a complete film. It is located 30 km away from the Hyderabad. One can reach the film city through buses. The place offers adventure and fun activities to the tourists. One of the best places to visit in Hyderabad.
Timings: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
Location: Anaspur Village, Hayathnagar Mandal, Hyderabad
Entry Fee: Rs 1150 + taxes
6. Birla Mandir
This beautiful temple is dedicated to Lord Venkateshwar of Trimula Tirupati Temple. Birla Mandir gives a picturesque view of the lake and the city. The architecture of the temple resembles the South Indian culture and Oriya temples.
- Timings: 7:00 am to 12:00 pm; 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Location: Hill Fort Rd, Hyderabad
- Fee: No fee
You may also like to read: Best Resorts In Hyderabad You Can Visit on the weekend
7. Chowmahalla Palace
The palace is located at the heart of the city. The monument was the official residence of the Nizams of Hyderabad. The designs on the palace’s doms, doors, windows, walls show the magnificent artwork. If you are interested in history then this place will be ideal for you as this is one of the best places to visit in Hyderabad.
- Timings: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Location: Khilwat, 20-4-236, Motigalli, Hyderabad
- Entry Fee: Rs 50 for Indians and Rs 200 for Foreigners
Shilparaman is a craft village and a perfect place for art lovers. The village showcases various arts and crafts of artists from all over the country. The village is popular among tourists as the places have many shops that sell jewelry, clothes, wooden decorative items, hand-made dresses, sarees, and many more things.
- Timings: 10:30 am to 8:30 pm
- Location: Jubilee Enclave, HITEC City, Hyderabad
- Entry Fee: Rs 40
9. Nehru Zoo Park
It is one of the largest zoos of India and the best places to visit in Hyderabad, with 1500 species of animals, birds, and reptiles. The zoo is home to Asiatic Lion, Bengal Tiger, Indian Rhino and other animals. Tourists can enjoy Tiger Safari, Lion Safari, Butterfly Safari, and Bear Safari to enjoy the natural habitat closely.
- Timings: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (Tuesday- Sunday)
- Location: Zoo Park Main Rd, Kishan Bagh, Bahadurpura West, Hyderabad
- Entry fee: Rs 50 per adult
10. NTR Gardens
The garden was built in the memory of Shri NT Ram Roy, former chief minister of Andhra Pradesh. It is a popular picnic spot in Hyderabad. The garden is famous for various fun activities and eateries.
- Timings: 2:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Location: NTR Marg, Central Secretariat, Khairatabad, Hussainsager Lake, Hyderabad
- Entry fee: No fee
There are many more places in Hyderabad that are worth visiting but one should not forget about the delicious cuisines of the city.
Not just biryani, Hyderabad is famous for its street food as well. Some of the must-try dishes are Haleem, Phirni, Qubani ka Meetha, Double ka Meetha, Irani Chai, etc.
Hyderabad is a must-visit place in India for foodies and art lovers. Winter season is the best time to enjoy the beauty and taste of the city.